Re: search a handy/mobile/cellphone with camera, download photos

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: search a handy/mobile/cellphone with camera, download photos
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:30:56 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 03:14:23AM +0200, Ekkard Gerlach wrote:
> Somebody here can advise a handy/mobile/cellphone with good
> photos that can be downloaded with linux, maybe gnokii software?
> I need it for one of my customers a medicine doctor. He
> needs it for visits.
>
> I've asked a lot round the world last week, no success.
> I won't hope that I've to say to my customer: photos
>  download with linux impossible .. :-(
> with any handy/mobile/cellphone round the world.

There's a software called p3nfs (http://www.koeniglich.de/p3nfs.html)
which lets you access the file system of the symbian based phones (see
its homepage for details, series40 isn't supported). I can download my
photos from my Nokia 3650, but the photo quality is quite bad (so I
cannot recommend this phone)... :-(

Bye,
Bozo