cannot redirect gnokii output

From: Irfan Habib
Subject: cannot redirect gnokii output
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:02:37 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

I'm developing an application in which I need to
process incoming sms messages.
Now I try to redirect the output of gnokii as follows:

gnokii --smsreader >/root/inbox

but it creates a file called inbox, which is of 0
bytes, while on the console I see all the messages
being displayed.
And besides I also tried in Qt to redirect the output
in QProcess, but there too, I could redirect the
output, with all programs like (ps -aux, ls -l) but
not with gnokii why??? and how can I retrieve the
latest sms message?