Re: How to log serial port activity

From: Phil Ashby
Subject: Re: How to log serial port activity
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:33:56 +0100

Irfan Habib wrote:

Hi,

I want to know what particular FBUs frame is send when
I perform a certain operation in gnokii. How do I log
serial port activity? Please do not tell me to look in the source, I want to know how I can log a port activity, like knowing what frames are being sent, maybe by
redirecting the output to the port to a text file, and
then maybe knowing what response I get from the cell.

A brief google for 'serial port monitoring download', turns up many useful looking tools, one I've used myself is Portmon frmo Sysinternals http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Portmon.html

HTH,
Phil.