Re: smsd error code 17

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: smsd error code 17
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:13:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, jeff leary wrote:

Hi.

> My app is supposed to read an sms from a mobile,
> gather data and send a response back to the mobile.
> Every time smsd inserts/send a new message i get a
> console message
> EVENT 1 FAILED WITH AN ERROR CODE 17 and the message
> is re-loaded, re-parsed and re-sent. The second time
> around I do not get the error code 17 and everything
> is fine.

Event 1 is Event_DeleteSMSMessage.

> I looked through the smsd.c code but I cant find what
> causes an error 17.

Error 17 is GN_ERR_INVALIDMEMORYTYPE (include/gnokii/error.h)

Smsd checks inbox folder in phone. If there is a new sms, smsd reads it and
then removes it with the same data structure (ReadSMS() in smsd.c). It
doesn't change memory_type. In your case first removal failed and sms was
read sms again.
I cannot explain why. Please try to display
data->memory_type with g_printf function in ReadSMS().

jan