Re: xgnokii and 6230 - can't get phonebook

From: Michal Janda
Subject: Re: xgnokii and 6230 - can't get phonebook
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 23:11:55 +0200

Should be the problem that I have a distribution kernel from mandrake, no patches dku2? I use the cdc-acm module, the phone is working well as a gprs modem, it works with gnokii but no with gnokii. I have model = AT in gnokiirc, with model = 6230 it does not work.

Michal Janda napsal(a):
Hi,
I have installed latest version of gnokii and xgnokii. When I use commandline i will get all sms or contacts from phone. But when I use xgnokii I get only about 5 from 100 sms. If I try to load contacts ]phonebook] from th phone I got this message: Event 2 failed with return code 8! or xgnokii_lowlevel.c: line 504: Can't get memory entry number 1 from memory.

The contacts are in the phone, on sim and in phone too.

Any suggestions? My system is mandrake 10.1 and kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk

Michal