gnokii 0.6.7

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: gnokii 0.6.7
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:18:07 +0200

Hi,

New gnokii 0.6.7 version is out. Hopefully this is last hotfix release
in short time. This time I really applied patches I wanted -- to
remove usage of strndup -- it is not portable and caused problems on
non-GNU systems (at least win32 and mac os x).

Besides few minor updates:
 - FAQ update
 - update to Gentoo ebuild along with --disable-unix98test option to
configure (requred by Gentoo to build from sources by emerge)
 - update to SlackBuilds (for Slackware)
 - some other stuff

Download as usually from:
 http://www.gnokii.org/download/gnokii/
 ftp://ftp.gnokii.org/pub/gnokii/
 rsync://rsync.gnokii.org/gnokii/gnokii/

As for the short time features the todo list is as follow:
 - solve known bugs::
    + sms wap push handling
    + incorrect sending ucs2 encoded messages with length 135-138 characters
    + problems with decoding chinese characters in calendar or phonebook
    + other...
 - improve vcard and vcal stuff
 - improve file support
 - improve gnokii command line option handling (this may not go into
the next release)

Besides I should renew out webpage. Check it out soon and send me your
criticism. Also I would be very much interested if you could design
nice icon for gnokii/xgnokii. If there's anyone that could convert our
logo from jpg to some vector form it would be appreciated --
everything we got is on www.gnokii.org.

http://www.gnokii.org/