Nokia 6015i unknown error

From: David Stone
Subject: Nokia 6015i unknown error
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:56:28 -0700

I just got this fancy new phone the nokia 6015i. I can't seem to find any documentation that it's supported by gnokii but I tried anyway. I'm using the gnokii package in debian testing and the DKU-5 PL-2303 data cable which I'm pretty sure is the one I want. All I want to do is use the phone as a modem but it's not working.

here's the output from gnokii --identify:
GNOKII Version 0.6.4
Telephone interface init failed: Unknown error - well better than nothing!!
Quitting.

All I did to .gnokiirc was set the port to /dev/ttyUSB0 and the model to AT since it seemed the most appropriate for my model.

Since it's obviously an unknown error I had no idea where to start so I came here. I'm thinking I might need to try a different model setting but I have no idea which one since the model number isn't similar to any of the supported ones.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Dave