unable to MAKEDEV for /dev/gnokii on 3390

From: Elio Maggini
Subject: unable to MAKEDEV for /dev/gnokii on 3390
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:12:27 -0500

I am attempting to configure a Nokia 3390 via serial cable.

I have gnokii install.  However when I attempt "gnokii --monitor" I get the error, "Serial device: opening device /dev/gnokii -- Gnokii serial_open: open: No such file or directory"

I have attempted to use /dev/MAKEDEV gnokii, but get an error saying "don't know how to create gnokii"

Can someone tell me please what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Elio