Re: UCS-2 messages get corrupted

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: UCS-2 messages get corrupted
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:58:55 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Miklos Niedermayer wrote:

> when trying to send long messages with smsd, containing latin2
> characters, I'm experiencing the following:
[...]
> If the message was 135 characters long, then it arrives in 2 SMSes, but
> the total length is 68 characters only, and the first message contains 1
> character [WRONG].
>
> The same applies to 136 and 137 character messages, but the received
> SMSes contain 69 or 70 characters.
[...]
> The sending devices were Nokia 6310 and Siemens MT50, receiving devices
> were P900, Nokia 6230 and Nokia 6310, 7250 etc.

Was this only model = AT? Or do you use also fbus modules?

> What could be the problem?

Probably somewhere inside libsms. If you could post the debug output and
the input you give (along with locale etc) that would be useful.

Please also try to send these SMS by hand using gnokii --sendsms and see
if it works.

p k o t a t b e z s e n s u d o t p l
http://www.gnokii.org/