Re: Sony-Ericsson T630 (bluetooth)

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re: Sony-Ericsson T630 (bluetooth)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:21:17 +0000

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 20:43, Pawel Kot wrote:

> > Anyone know if gnokii supports this phone?
> > I tried the settings that work with my Nokie 6310 (using bluetooth)
> > but that didn't seem to work (eg "gnokii --identify" didn't connect).
> > Bluetooth itself works OK - I can see the phone from my laptop.
>
> It should work. What is your .gnokiirc?

I've set the port to the BT address of my phone,
and I've set model to AT.

"gnokii --identity" sort of works,
though the model number and Revision it gives is rather strange:
======================================
IMEI         : 354750003682145
Manufacturer : SONY ERICSSON
Model        : AAB-1021012-BV
Revision     : R4C003      CXC125780^QEU^Q2^QN
======================================

But nothing else seems to work -
eg "gnokii --getsms IN 1 10" just times out.

Is there something else I should be doing?
Is there any model I could give in place of AT?

(I'm running gnokii-0.6.1 under Fedora-3.)

Incidentally (happy story) the reason for my delay
in taking up this issue again
is that I acquited the Sony-Ericsson T630
after putting my Nokia-6310 through the wash.
I assumed it would never work again,
but after taking out the battery (and SIM card)
and drying it for 2 days it worked perfectly,
although everyone assured me it would never survive
the wash (low temperature, but high-speed spin).
I'm not sure what the moral of this story is ...

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366