Re: Nokia 6100 dead... and it was not IrDA!

From: Tirs Abril
Subject: Re: Nokia 6100 dead... and it was not IrDA!
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:01:39 +0100

> Well, IMHO this is Nokia design flaw.

I agree. As far as I know, the cable is actually an USB-to-RS232 converter, so
the protocol is RS232. That protocol is very strict about not damaging the
hardware by any signal or combination of signals (of course, provided you
don't apply excess voltage and burn the circuitry, which is not the case!) If
there is damage, by definition it's a problem in the device.

> Yes, I'm working on it. Next gnokii release will have by default no
> retransmission policy. Using the config variable it will be possible to
> enable retransmission. But again: this is just guess that the
> retransmission is the reason.

Well, please make sure it is safe; I'm taking the cellphone to the tech
service next Monday, and I'd like to try again when I have it back (some
people never learn) :-) Meanwhile I'm using my good old reliable 3310.

Happy New Year!

--
_____