Re: Another 7250i casualty

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Another 7250i casualty
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:41:35 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Amelie Zapf wrote:

> I've read the various mails about the 7250i breaking down and thought
> that since the 7250i was now listed in source as compatible with the
> 6510 driver, that everything would be OK, installed, and had a look
> around.

Well, it is listed as supported, as it uses the same protocol. We just
tried to avoid the configurations that are known not to work.

> At first, everything seemed to go ok (contacts and SMS download), but
> as I accessed the settings, the phone turned off and now exhibits the
> same problems as listed in the previous postings. I'll get it to the
> shop tomorrow.

What you mean by "access the settings"?

> I use gnokii 0.6.4 (home-compiled) on a SuSE 9.0 box, with kernel
> 2.4.21.

Please show your .gnokiirc also.

> The connection was made via USB data cable (this cable was visible to
> the system as a Serial port via USB and reacted like a typical serial
> port, with possibility to talk to the modem via AT commands on /dev/
> ttyUSB0).

Using AT driver of FBUS driver?

> Unfortunately, I did not jot down firmware version and/or enable
> logging beforehand, as I did not expect to run into the problem of a
> complete breakdown.

I'm very sorry because of that.

> What to do?

Well, I won't advice to make more tests unless you can afford giving back
the phone to the service. Using AT driver seems to be a safe choice.

mailto:address@hidden
http://www.gnokii.org/