Re: Nokia 5140

From: birger
Subject: Re: Nokia 5140
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:17:32 +0100

Birger Wathne wrote:

Then I started xgnokii and tried editing a few phone list entries, and saved back to phone. Seemed to work. Fetching SMS listed my folders but no messages. Getting my calendar looped at entry 20 of 25. I then tried picking up my phone and it immediately rebooted. And that is now the only thing it does. Reboots a few times and then shuts off. :-(

So... Next question... Is there any reset option on these phones?
I can enter my pin code and have it accepted. Sometimes it barely manages to show my background picture. Sometimes I can type in digits before the background image appears. Any hope?

I had it upgraded to 3.13 yesterday. Of course I lost everything that was stored in the phone but at least it works again.

Is there any safer way to test a new model?

--
birger