Re: vcf/ldiff export: fields used for phonenumber?

From: Oliver Jusinger
Subject: Re: vcf/ldiff export: fields used for phonenumber?
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 16:24:43 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2004 07:51 schrieben Sie:
> The fields I see in Kaddressbook's vcf are:
> TEL;TYPE=HOME:xxxx
> TEL;TYPE=FAX:yyyy
> TEL;TYPE=CELL:ccc
>
> additionally, one of the entries has the PREF value, e.g.
> TEL;TYPE=CELL;TYPE=PREF:ppppp
>
> In kaddressbooks I use the PREF entry and write it with the name,
> additionally this number also needs to be written first afaicr.

Thx for that, sorry for my late answer..:

As you say, kaddressbook marks its phonenumbers by:
TEL;TYPE=...:xxxxx

However, gnokii only recognizes phonenumbers marked by:
TEL;VOICE:xxxxxxxxx

I am quite I happy i finally found a way to import my addressbook by replacing
these strings in the .vcf-file - but I would suggest, that gnokii should
recognize the type of .vcf files kaddress exports.

(Similar problems with .ldif, however I didnt have time enough yet to find out
exactly)

thx!
Oliver