New to gnokii

From: Mark Brown
Subject: New to gnokii
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:29:53 +0100

Hello all

I need help, I am new to gnokii.

I have downloaded 'gnokii-0.6.3.tar.tar' and extracted it

1. is it a MSDOS program?

2. when I run 'gnokii.exe' in a MSDOS command promt and say enter
'gnokii --getalarm' I get the following message:

couldn't open c:\documents and settings\mark brown\_gnokiirc config file,
couldn't open gnokiirc config file,
couldn't open c:\documents and settings\mark brown\_gnokiirc or gnokiirc.

Can some one help me setup gnokii or tell me where there is a document about
setting gnokii up

How do I set up what port I am on, what phone I have etc. etc?

Please help!!!!

Regards
Mark Brown
Industrial Electronic Services Limited