Re: DKU-5 and FreeBSD

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: DKU-5 and FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:15:49 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 02:46:26AM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm statring to work on a project, and a part of it is to make a cell
> phone [fully] controllable by a computer. One way to achieve this
> is to emulate keypresses through a data port. So, can somebody help me

I think this is a dead end. nk6510 and compatibles (most of the modern
phones) don't support keypress emulation. BTW if you want to use
keypress emulation to control the phone, you have to capture the display
output as well. This is an unsupported functionality too.

BTW if gnokii doesn't work for you (e.g. canadian networks aren't gsm
compatible) you have to find a program which can send sms or find
some documentation.

Bye,
Bozo