Re: smsd with mysql can not send chinese

From: Allan Dyer
Subject: Re: smsd with mysql can not send chinese
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:03:02 +0800

On 11 Sep 2004 at 13:28, ¨Óí wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed Gnokii. It works fine under command line mode.
> But I have problem to use smsd with mysql support when the data in outbox
> table
> include Chinese characters. If data is English only, smsd send SMS to my Nokia
> 6150 mobile correctly, but if the data in databases include both English and
> Chinese, the Messages my mobile received can not display Chinese correctly, it
> will display Chinese characters as many "?". Does anyone try the smsd+mysql
> with Chinese?

Do you have the character set correctly configured? I haven't used smsd+mysql,
but I am successfully sending Chinese messages using the gnokii comand line - I
use UFT8.  What you describe is exactly what happens if the character coding is
wrong.

Regards
Allan Dyer

 Allan Dyer, CISSP, MHKCS, DFCAE | address@hidden