patch: Premicell support

From: Jonas Berlin
Subject: patch: Premicell support
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 01:05:45 +0300

Hi!

I have a Nokia Premicell (AT+CGMM -> 0301) phone *), but I failed to send & receive messages using gnokii.. After many hours of hacking, testing and so on, I managed to find out how to send & receive messages. The premicell simply does not consider the SMSC information to be a part of the message. The "AT" driver in gnokii however expects & adds this information by default. Therefore, I made a patch that, if the phone model is 0301, leaves out the SMSC information from the PDU format messages. Therefore the patch should not affect other models.

Additionally, I also copypasted code from AT_WriteSMS to AT_GetSMS to ensure that PDU mode is being selected also when reading messages. I ran into a problem when I had been testing in between and the pdu mode had been disabled. In this case gnokii failed to read messages.

For the reference, I am using the AFW-3 data adapter cable and it works just fine.

The patch is here:

http://xkr47.outerspace.dyndns.org/patches/gnokii/gnokii-0.5.10-premicell.diff

*) http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,2696,00.html

--