Partial success: NetBSD, Nokia 3390b

From: Richard M Kreuter
Subject: Partial success: NetBSD, Nokia 3390b
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:13:24 -0400

Hello,

With a tiny bit of tweaking, I've gotten gnokii 0.6.3 to talk to a
Nokia 3390b via serial cable on NetBSD, though without the GUI
frontend (I'd expect xgnokii to work fine, I just don't need it or
have its dependencies installed). So far, all the features I've tried
work with the phone. In case anybody's interested, the trivial patches
needed are attached.

Thanks a bunch for having written this software!

The following notes are for posterity. Alright, for web searches:

For NetBSD users: if you want NLS, NetBSD's native libintl doesn't
seem to do the trick here; it's necessary to install the pkgsrc
packages gettext-lib and libiconv, and then to use something like this
for the configure command (line-wrapped):

$ CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/pkg/include' LDFLAGS='-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib' \
./configure --with-libintl-prefix=/usr/pkg

You may need more CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS for X, if you want
xgnokii. Otherwise, configure with '--disable-nls'. Both have worked
for me.

Note to Nokia 3390b users: for my phone and cable, it's necessary to
press the cable to the phone tightly; the connections don't seem to
get made otherwise.

--
RmK