gnokii & perl problem

From: Jukka-Pekka Srjanen
Subject: gnokii & perl problem
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:49:03 +0300

Hi all,
I m new with gnokii and like to use perl with in it,
I have compile and install gnokii and perl modules in my machine and
from command line gnokii works ok, I can send and read SMS messages ok
but from my perl module I get following messages:

GSMD::Gnokii::GetSMS() -- result is not an HV reference at
/home/juki/download/GSMI/GSMI.pm line 46.

This is line from GSMI.pm where message come from
$result = $self->{'connection'}->$constname(@_);

and from my perl module (from gsm->GetSMS function ):
$gsm =
GSMI->connect("driver=Gnokii;device=/dev/ttyS1;options=model:3210,connec
tion:serial");
gsm->GetSMS("SM",9, $smshash);

Any ideas what is the reason for this ?
OS is linux SuSe 9.0, phone NOKIA 3210 and  perl 5.8.1

Thanks,
Jukka