Re: gnokii + kaddressbook + encoding

From: Bostjan Muller
Subject: Re: gnokii + kaddressbook + encoding
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:01:50 +0200 (CEST)

Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2004, Bostjan Muller wrote:
>
>> I just recompiled kaddressbook with the gnokii suppport, and I can
>> import
>> the entries directly from phone, but the encoding looks like the
>> caracters
>> from the phone are read in latin1 charset (and they should probably be
>> in
>> latin2 or utf8 - nokia 6210). Does anyone know how to persuade it to use
>> the correct charset?
>
> Well, "it works for me". In the phone you have unicode encoding. libgnokii
> converts the output according to locale set. So you probably run
> kaddresbook (or rather KDE as a whole) with LC_ALL=C or similiar.

Can't say that I do:
$ locale
LANG=sl_SI
LC_CTYPE="sl_SI"
LC_NUMERIC="sl_SI"
LC_TIME="sl_SI"
LC_COLLATE="sl_SI"
LC_MONETARY="sl_SI"
LC_MESSAGES="sl_SI"
LC_PAPER="sl_SI"
LC_NAME="sl_SI"
LC_ADDRESS="sl_SI"
LC_TELEPHONE="sl_SI"
LC_MEASUREMENT="sl_SI"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="sl_SI"
LC_ALL=sl_SI

is there anything else that I can check? (I had to compile kaddressbook
with gnokii 0.5.8 since it wouldn't compile with the latest cvs version of
gnokii).

Regards/Lep pozdrav

Boštjan Müller
--