nokia 3390b, cannot connect

From: Luke Albers
Subject: nokia 3390b, cannot connect
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:07:06 -0500

Hello

I am trying to use Gnokii version 0.5.10, under Gentoo, to connect to my
Nokia 3390 (T-Mobile gold edition).  My laptop only has USB ports, and I
have a serial cable to connect to the phone.  I am using a USB->serial
converter that is supported by the kernel (Prolific chip), and
/var/log/messages shows that it is being detected and is establishing
the serial port as /dev/usb/tts/0.

The following is my .gnokiirc file:

[global]
port = /dev/usb/tts/0
model = 6110
initlength = default
connection = serial
bindir = /usr/sbin/
use_locking = yes
smsc_timeout = 10
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]

when I run gnokii --monitor or --identify, it says:
GNOKII Version 0.5.10
Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..0 is stale. Overriding it..

<and after a short wait, probably somewhere between 30 seconds-1 min>
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
Quitting.

I am sorry to bother yall with this, but googling hasnt turned up
anything useful.  I am pretty sure that the serial port is being
recognized fine, and I dont think that there is any configuration
necessary for it after plugging it in.

If anyone uses this phone with gnokii, or can help in any way, please
reply ASAP.

Thanks

Luke Albers