Re: status update on 6100, and 7650?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: status update on 6100, and 7650?
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:49:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:

> I use the AT driver with my 6100 at the moment. The problem is it does
> not download SMSs with extended characters correctly. I noticed on a
> 6310 (I think) that this is the case with the AT driver, but not the
> 6310 driver, which is why I suspect the 6100 driver should decode these
> SMSs correctly.

Please show the incorrectly decoded SMS.

> What exactly breaks with the 6100? All I use on the 6100 currently is
> --getsms, would it be safe to enable the 6100 in the source, and then
> use the 6100 driver again?

Is it Linux and IrDA? If you have the possibility to replace the phone or
get it serviced fast, make backup and try it. But I'm afraid it is irda
related issue. I spent a lot of time trying to find out hwhat's going on
and nothing sane came up.

See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii/3837 and