Re: import / export contacts into/ from file

From: Helge Deller
Subject: Re: import / export contacts into/ from file
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:00:22 +0200

Hi Pawel,

On Sunday 11 April 2004 13:23, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Helge Deller wrote:
> > KAddressbook is part of the KDE PIM package (kdepim), and the
> > gnokii import/export filter (library) for kaddressbook is called
> > libkaddrbk_gnokii_xxport.so (usually it is  located in /opt/kde3/lib/kde3).
> > Before installing the kdepim package you'll need at least the kdelibs
> > and kdebase packages too.
> > And: While you downloaded and installed the kdepim package
> > anyway - try "kontact", it's really cool !
>
> Yes, indeed quite impressive (though many warnings that are common with
> most kde apps).

Details ?
What kind of warnings ? Compile-time or runtime warnings ?

> I belive there's only addressbook support and no
> calendar (or even SMS) support provided by kde for gnokii. Am I right?

Yes.
At one point I started Calendar support, but I never finished something really.
An implementation of my new idea instead was, that a phone is a "normal" thing,
which means, that you just click on Konqueror->Devices, select the
connected phone and then just drag&drop things around, either to/from the
Phone/KAddressbook, to a directory to store a contact as .cvf file, or to the
KOrganizer
to import/export single events. The code is in kdepim/kmobile/, but it's not
compiled yet by default.

> > KDE 3.2.1 - SUSE 9.0 package  - does have support for import/export with
> > gnokii:
> > ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2.1/SuSE/ix86/9.0/kdepim3-3.2.1-9.i586.rpm
> >
> > KDE 3.2.1 - Red Hat Fedora package - does _NOT_ (!!) have support for
> > import/export with gnokii:
> > ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2.1/RedHat/Fedora/i386/kdepim-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm
> > Please complain to the packager: Red Hat, Inc.
> > <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
> > to install gnokii devel packages at compile time !
> >
> > KDE 3.2.0 (1?) - Debian Woody kaddressbook package - does have support for
> > import/export with gnokii:
> > ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2.1/Debian/pool/main/k/kdepim/kaddressbook_3.2.0-0woody1_i386.deb
> > "apt-get install kaddressbook" should do everything you need...
>
> Any chance to see:
> ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2.1/contrib/Slackware/9.1/
> compiled with gnokii support?

It seems Jean-Christophe Fargette <address@hidden> packaged this package.
All which needs to do be done is to install the devel-packages for gnokii
before
compilation of kdepim, but since <fargette.com> doesn't seems to resolve right
now
I can't tell him. Maybe some other slackware users are here on this list and
could
tell him ?

Regards,
Helge