Nokia 6100 + USB cable

From: Alexei Khalimov
Subject: Nokia 6100 + USB cable
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:27:02 +0000

Greenting everyone!

Today I got myself USB cable for my Nokia 6100.
It is detected by system (freebsd 5.2.1) as:
ucom0: Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial adapter (ATEN/IOGEAR UC232A), rev
1.10/2.02, addr 2

But...
when I set model = 6100 phone is detected ok (so I assume cable works)
----------------------
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
Message received: 0x1b / 0x0032
Received message type 1b
model length: 5
Received model NPL-2
Sorry, this function is known to break your phone (Nokia 6100). Refusing to
do it. You may try to use AT driver. If you are brave enough to test the
driver anyway, please contact developers at address@hidden
GSM/FBUS init failed!
-----------------------

So I have changed configuration to model = AT, but:
-----------------------
Initializing AT capable mobile phone ...
Initialization failed (6)
GSM/FBUS init failed!

Also when I just connect to /dev/ucom0 with terminal program
I can not get anything from phone.

Is there any special initialization required to put it into AT command mode?
(I assume this is also needed before I will be able to use PPP with it)

Please help, I'm really stuck!

Cheers,
         ALex.