Re: I broke my Nokia 7250i

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: I broke my Nokia 7250i
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:40:36 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Johannes Zellner wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 10:41:01PM +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 04:34, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > > And by the way, could you please give us identity strings from
> > > 7250?
> >
> > My 7250i is NHL-4JX running 3.22 firmware.
> >
> > Hope that is what you are after, if you want other details just ask.
> >
> > Hoping to get the phone back from reloading firmware soon. I don't
> > have a spare phone so am cautious about playing with it more. I might
> > play a little.
>
> I had to send my phone two times for repair already and meanwhile I
> don't feel like giving it away once more. OTOH the only alternative
> seems to be booting Windows, and using Nokia's software for accessing
> the phone.

You can use model = AT harmlessly.

> 1. Apparently it's an irda problem. I'd love to buy a DKU-5 cable, but
>    it seems that this is not supported yet. Does anyone know, if there's
>    a Linux driver for the DKU-5 cable (or if someone is writing one)?

I think it will work. Just you need to load pl2303 driver (or similiar).
Gnokii will work out-of-the box, the only configuration issue is Linux
configuration.

> 2. Did someone send a report to Nokia about this issue?

Nokia does not support gnokii. I don't think we'll get any answer from
Nokia support (we never did).

mailto:address@hidden
http://www.gnokii.org/