Re: How to write a phone number ?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: How to write a phone number ?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:33:12 +0100

>>> address@hidden 18 February 2004 15:10:22 >>>
> On Tue, Feb 17 2004, Pawel Kot wrote:
>
> > Entry type (gn_phonebook_entry_type), quoting
include/gnokii/common.h:
> >         GN_PHONEBOOK_ENTRY_Name       = 0x07,
> [...]
> > Number type (gn_phonebook_number_type), quoting
include/gnokii/common.h:
> >         GN_PHONEBOOK_NUMBER_Home    = 0x02,
> > I'll update the manpage.
>
> I think that it is useful and necessary to document this stuff in
the
> man page, I doubt that quoting C code is understandable by
> non-programmers.

Yeah, I think you are right. This was a quick hack in fact. Recently
I have only 1 hour a day for gnokii tests and that's not enough.
I'll change it to say:
 -decimal value - description
for each value

> While at it, below is an patch explaining the different memory types
> from ./common/phones/atgen.c (*memorynames[]) and fixing a typo in
> your last commit.  Note that I didn't check if the types are really
> correct, I just took it from `atgen.c' so you may want to verify it.

Thanks. For phonebook these should be valid for all phones but only
SM and ME are writeble by user. At least that is what I remember.
I don't think it is possible to overwrite eg. recent calls list.