Re: (no subject)

From: Bob Shaffer ][
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:41:45 -0500 (EST)

The Timeport has an infrared interface on it.  I thought I might be able
to connect to the phone using the infrared interface and use it as a
modem.  I'm not too sure how I would use minicom to do this.  It doesn't
seem like I would be able to use /dev/ircomm* as a modem device, but maybe
I'll try that.  Perhaps there is some configuration that I need to do, or
a kernel module I need to use.  Can you give some basic information on
what needs to be done?

I also think that I might need to use gnokii to download the phone book to
MySQL.  If the phone is still supported, maybe someone has a .gnokiirc
file I can use.