Re: gnokii and the Nokia 6100

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii and the Nokia 6100
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:09:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, T. Ribbrock wrote:

> > As I've compiled with --enable-debug, I've the complete log file of the
> > xgnokii session which broke the phone, but as it contains all of my
> > personal contacts, I'd rather like not to publish it here on the list.
> > If some of the developers is interested in the log, I'd send it to him
> > directly.
>
> I'm curious: Would you mind to at least mention what you were doing when
> the phone broke?

This is very weird. I got private message from Johannes with the session
dump. It is the phonebook reading that caused the damage. It is weird,
because gnokii was able to read the whole phonebook previously. Of course
it did use the same frames to get it.

It is even more strange that there was nothing wrong with the
communication. The phone answered correctly for the request and then
didn't answer for the next one.

I really have no idea on what's going on. We'll release tomorrow 0.5.9
with disabled phonebook reading and probably sms removing for 6100.

Can anybody else confirm that the phone got broken only on these commands
or also other command do the same?