Re: gnokii breaks nokia 6100

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii breaks nokia 6100
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:23:36 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Henning Stoll wrote:

> there seems to be a problem with gnokii and the Nokia 6100 mobile phone.
> I was able to connect gnokii via irda with the phone (gentoo linux,
> vanilla kernel 2.4.23, gnokii 5.8, on an older toshiba satellite).
> I could read out the phone numbers saved on the sim card and on the
> phone itself. Then the phone suddenly turned off. Now if I switch it on
> again and enter the pin, the phone accepts the pin just to power off again.
> Johannes Zellner had the the same problem like I do:

Do you have any logs from the transmission? Did you attempt to write
anything to the phone? Or it was just reading? Does Nokia 6100 provide any
possibility to connect with the cable?

I'm very sorry because of this and unfortunately I missed original
Johannes' message -- my bad. If we won't fix it soon, next gnokii release
will have removed 6100 compatibility information. Anyway I'll try work it
out and find the possible fix.