gnokii breaks nokia 6100

From: Henning Stoll
Subject: gnokii breaks nokia 6100
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:06:13 +0100

Hi,

there seems to be a problem with gnokii and the Nokia 6100 mobile phone.
I was able to connect gnokii via irda with the phone (gentoo linux,
vanilla kernel 2.4.23, gnokii 5.8, on an older toshiba satellite).
I could read out the phone numbers saved on the sim card and on the
phone itself. Then the phone suddenly turned off. Now if I switch it on
again and enter the pin, the phone accepts the pin just to power off again.
Johannes Zellner had the the same problem like I do:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii/3195/match=+gnokii+powers

These were my settings:

port = /dev/ircomm0
model = 6100
connection = irda
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 57600
handshake = software

#probably irrelevant:
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]
[sms]
timeout=10

before coonection I limited the baudrate of the infrared port with:

echo "57600" > /proc/sys/net/irda/max_baud_rate

Hope that helps

Henning