Re: Gammu under LGPL for some people

From: Vincent Glotzbach
Subject: Re: Gammu under LGPL for some people
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:50:20 +0100

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 13:46, Marcin Wiacek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During few days I want to release new 0.9 version of Gammu. It will have new
> license - GPL for "normal" people, LGPL for sponsors.

Didn't know this was possible, but good luck to you

> If You think, that Gammu still contains Your GPL source ... only.

Aside from the fact that he would like us to do his code-auditing, how
are we supposed to do that even if we were so inclined. The 0.9 version
is not yet publicly available

> If You don't have to say anything concrete in this topic, please do not start
> flame war(s).

I won't. I will just raise valid points :)

> Please send ... (for example Gnokii mailing list).

You're hereby cc'ed

> In the future Gammu+ will contains ... (for example after "./configure
> --enable-gnulgpl").

I will forgo the something for nothing discussion, since it is not my
place (I only recently stumbled upon gnokii and as of yet have not
contributed any substantial code), but I would like to know how this
would effect gnokii and access to any code incorporated in gnokkii that
was taken from gammu (if any).

regards,
--
Vincent Glotzbach
vglotzb at cs dot vu.nl || vglotzb at glotz-its dot nl