Re: Gnokii with Kannel will work with Nokai 3310 ??

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Gnokii with Kannel will work with Nokai 3310 ??
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:05:26 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 12:43:10PM +0530, Atul Dalal wrote:
> I am new to the list. I had one problem.
> I am running SMS kannel gateway on Linux 7.2 RedHat. I am using the
> Nokia 3310 phone as am GSM modem using gnokii to serial port.
> My using gnokii-0.5.5 version abd my kannel version is 1.2.1.
> Through Kannel logs , its observed that sms is able to accept but
> its not able to set the speed of nokia phone.

/dev/gnokii is a symlink to a pseudo terminal, so setting its speed
cannot be a problem. Please test gnokii installation first. Is
gnokii --identify running correctly?

If standalone gnokii working correctly please try to log the modem
communication between kannel and gnokii. Maybe kannel wants to use
an unimplemented command.

Bye,
Bozo