Re: 5110/6110 & datacall

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: 5110/6110 & datacall
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:02:44 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 09:24:57AM +0200, Ekkard Gerlach wrote:
> > I managed to test the datacall related modification myself with a
> > Nokia 6110. It seems the latest modifications made the connection setup
> > more successfull, so I committed the changes into the cvs. If you are
>
> You are a developper? - You have improved the 6110-software? - Great!
> Where is the sofware you improved?
> In http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/gnokii/? I find lastest
> gnokii-package of 8-Oct-03  only.

I'm the maintainer of the 6110 driver. I'm improving the nk6100 driver
(61x0/51x0/etc) driver regulary, so this driver is quite up-to-date.

There are two methods to download the work in progress code:

* checking out the cvs tree: it's not as painful as it looks in the
  first place :-) Read http://www.gnokii.org/cvs.shtml and follow
  the instructions. If you did it in the past "cvs -z9 update -d"
  will be enough (it downloads just the difference).

  Compiling a cvs version requires extra tools (e.g. autoconf) on
  your system. Don't forget to install it.

  If you are using cvs versions don't forget to run "make clean"
  after each checkout (gnokii doesn't handle dependencies well).

* download cvs snapshots: if you don't want or cannot use cvs, you
  can download daily snapshots. Pawel generates daily snapshots
  automatically at 15:00 CET, you can download it from

  ftp://urtica.linuxnews.pl/pub/people/pkot/gnokii/gnokii-current.tar.gz

  There are two important things with snapshots:
  - it's a cvs version, so you have to compile it tha same way as
    the cvs version
  - the cvs snapshots is generated once a day at 15:00 CET, so if someone
    commits the patch in the evening you have to wait for the next
    snapshot

Bye,
Bozo