Re: help: SMSD errors

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: help: SMSD errors
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:30:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Charmaine Tian wrote:

> Hi, I got two kinds of errors in receiving SMS using SMSD(nokia 6510, smsd
> 0.5.5, Lunux 2.4):
>
> 1) duplicate SMS: when more than one SMS coming in around same time, half of
> the SMS are received twice or more times with the following error messages:
> "Event 1 failed with return code 18!"

Error code 18 is GN_ERR_EMPTYLOCATION.
Smsd reads new sms and then deletes it. In this case it is
unable to delete sms with error 18. So in next iteration it reads message
again. This error seems to me very confusing maybe Pawel or Zoltan will
understand. Like workaround you can create unique index on inbox so smsd
will be unable to insert the same sms twice.

> 2) after running a while, SMSD repeatedly generate the following error
> message, and don't receive new SMS:
> GN_OP_GetSMSFolderStatus at line 406 in file lowlevel.c returns error 14

Error code 14 is GN_ERR_NOTREADY. Try attached patch and let me know if it
helps.

                                jan