Wrong cable for 5110?

From: Stephen Baillie
Subject: Wrong cable for 5110?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:12:08 +1000

Ok, gnokii compiled from the tarball, and I hooked it up to my 5110
using the cable that came with it, but all I get from gnokii is:

GNOKII Version 0.5.4
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
Quitting.

I've tried a variety of combinations of different serial ports and
connection methods, but to no avail.

The cable that came with the 5110 looks like all the ones in the
diagrams, but has a switch to choose between "F" and "M", which I
presume are FBUS and MBUS.  Is this the right cable?  Is MBUS the only
one that works with a 5110?  Has anyone had similar problems with a 5110?

Current settings:

port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 5110
initlength = default