Re: Models supported and X

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Models supported and X
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:47:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Stephen Baillie wrote:

> I've just joined the list, having had a look at http://www.gnokii.org,
> but I have a couple of questions:
>
> The list of supported models only has phones that aren't available any
> more (well, maybe if I hunted around in second hand stores).  Is the
> list just out of date, or are only old models usable under gnokii?  Are

Web pages are a bit out of date. But I think you can;t say thse models are
not available (quoting http://www.gnokii.org/faq.shtml):
# Nokia 6310|6510|8310
# AT capable phones
AT capable phones are most non-Nokia phones and most newer Nokia phones.

> the 6610 and 8310 supported, at least for sending and receiving SMS messages?

I think so.

> It also seems that there is a lot of GUI stuff in gnokii.  All I want to

Not that much :-). We just have CLI interface and GUI interface.

> do is have SMS connectivity to some servers on a box that doesn't have X
> installed.  Do I need X to use the SMS functionality of gnokii?

No. You can use cli to use *all* gnokii functionality.