smsd core dumping on FreeBSD

From: Guido Falsi
Subject: smsd core dumping on FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:56:10 +0200

Hi! I've installed gnokii 0.5.2 (made a port, also submitted the upgrade
to the freebsd project, check
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/54498 ti see it)

I'm trying to use smsd but it dumps core shortly after launching...it
works for a few seconds(10-20) then bam...

I've tried debugging it but did not find anything, I hope someone has
got some idea.

I'm attaching smsd debugging output last lines(if necessary I can attach
the whole session output) and a gdb backtrace. The program source is
unmodified, except for the port's patches, you can look at them in the
URL above.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.8 with a Moxa 4 way serail port card.

this is the sommand line I was experimentig with:

smsd -c smsdexp -u /usr/local/share/smsd/action -m file -l
/usr/local/share/smsd/ -f pippo.smsd

(ran as root)

also attaching the gnokii.conf

Thanks iin advance for any help/patches...

(sorry if this message is double, had a little problem with the meiler)

--
Guido Falsi <address@hidden>