Re: running gnokii on solaris

From: Olivier Kaloudoff
Subject: Re: running gnokii on solaris
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:33:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Martin Homola wrote:

>2. Where the lockfile is located? If I run as user (belonging to
>gnokii group) and locking is on, I allways get
>
>       Please check permission on lock directory.
>       Lock file error. Exiting.

Hello Martin,

        the lock directory gnokii is using on Solaris is in /var/run,
as this extract from the Changelog for version 0.5.1 tells:

(...)
 * portability fixes
    o there's no /var/lock directory on Solaris, use /var/run
      instead                                            (Pawel Kot)
(...)

        But the error message should tell which directory
it's using, to save time to the users.

Olivier