Re: Add sm_block_ack() to statemachine?

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: Re: Add sm_block_ack() to statemachine?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:07:14 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, BORBELY Zoltan wrote:

> > nk6100.c:1005 (auth code doesn't check return msg)
>
> It seems the phone won't respond to the magic_connect message (see
> Docs/protocol/nk6110.txt).

Okay, so the sm_block_ack() might be useful here, as I would imagine the
phone still sends an ack...

> This call handling stuff in the nk6100 driver is quite fragile. The first
> version was more perfect, but didn't work. :-) After a lot of testing we
> removed a lot of sm_block and added usleep calls into it. Currently it
> works but it's some kind of woodoo magic.

...and the same might apply here, although it's still voodoo...

> > nk6100.c:3639 (NBSupload does't check return msg)
>
> If I remember correctly this message won't send any reply.

...and here...

> > * Places where sm_block* is called not immediately after sm_message_send
> >
> > nk6100.c:3018 (making calls; return msg only checked after several msgs)
>
> Black art.

...and perhaps even here.

Okay, still waiting for tomorrow in case somebody has something to say.

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***