Re: CVS

From: Bob Shaffer ][
Subject: Re: CVS
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:59:44 -0400 (EDT)

Pawel Kot said:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Bob Shaffer ][ wrote:
>
>> I can't actually use CVS to update my source then, I assume.  I can just
>
> Why not?
>
>> download CVS snapshots that are created daily.  Is that right?
>
> You can do it if you can't use CVS for this (some nasty firewall rules or
> something).
>
> pkot
> --
> mailto:address@hidden :: mailto:address@hidden
> http://kt.linuxnews.pl/ :: Kernel Traffic po polsku

My apologies.  I assumed that the cvs snapshot was available to download
at the URL you posted, but after actually looking at it I see that there
are instructions which include the CVSROOT and everything I need.  I
normally use SSH with CVS and only need to do a 'cvs checkout
path/project' to check things out.  Do I actually need to do the 'cvs
login' command, or will it be done automatically when I checkout or
update?  I apologize again for bothering everyone with this stuff.  It's
just that I've never used CVS without SSH.  Thanks very much for your
help, Pawel.

--
         - Bob Shaffer ][ -
 - address@hidden -