Nokia 8210 does not work with Gnokii 0.5.0.

From: Jois
Subject: Nokia 8210 does not work with Gnokii 0.5.0.
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 12:08:00 +0200

Hi,
I have still that problem with Irda connection and Nokia 8210: the gnokii,
the latest version 0.5.0, says: initialization GSM/FBUS failed. model not
supported? exiting
It is the same problem I encountered with the version of Gnokii I found
typing apt-get install gnokii.
So I downloaded from www.gnokii.org the 0.5.0 tarball and installed it as in
the instructions. But the problem still exists, and another problem came: I
just can run it as root user because otherwise it does not find the
libgnokii.so.1.
I thought the IRDA problem was because my irda chipset was not supported, so
I had to force it: now it works with 3 programs: gsmsendsms, gsmsmsstore and
gsmctl.
the problem is that I can only control SMS messages, but I do not manage to
delete them! And of course I can't modify ringtones and phonebook, as I can
do under my very slow and crappy win98.
As I am totally blind, I need to control everything by the
computer, and of course a console program is the best solution: gnokii, in my
opinion, is the
best program I found for GNU/linux, but it does not work.
Here is my .gnokiirc file.

[global]
port = /dev/mobilephone
# (this is the irda path that works with my other 3 progs - i can not use
serial port because there's my Braille hardware device)
model = 8210
initlength = default
connection = infrared
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
#serial_write_usleep = 10000
#handshake = software
#require_dcd = 1
smsc_timeout = 10
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]

as I am not so expert of GNU/Linux, I'd need some help, if there is
something in particular I did not set correctly.
Please answer me soon :)
bye and thanks
Jois