RE: ISP and 8110 (modem driver)

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: RE: ISP and 8110 (modem driver)
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:49:28 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Neville Seed wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am not a programmer(a bit of C and Perl)  but am willing to test and
> code whatever I can on the 3001/8110 driver.
>
> Any help to start me in the right direction will be helpful.

There's nothing magic with the 3110/8110 driver, just set
connection=serial and model=8110 (or 8110i, depending on your phone) in
your gnokiirc. If you have problems, compile gnokii with debugging
turned on and send the debug output along with your problem report and
gnokiirc to the list.

The first thing to do is probably to run gnokii --identify, and see what
it reports. If it manages to print out your IMEI code etc. then you've
got pretty far and the rest will probably work as well, perhaps with
some minor tweaking.

I'll be glad to hear any reports of success or failure.

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***