Re: Bluetooth and 6310

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Bluetooth and 6310
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:24:10 +0200

Hi Marcel,

>>> address@hidden 22 April 2003 11:02:15 >>>
> > Just one more question. If I'm going to make the connection
> > over FBUS but using TTY layer (rfcomm bind /dev/rfcomm0
> > xx:xx... 14) should I do the same in hte fbus.c code? Ie.
> > the initialization, change id octet, phone and pc id?
>
> I think it is not worth to support this, but if you want it, you
must
> also change the id octect etc, because otherwise the phone will
crash.
> Maybe newer firmware's don't crash, but mine need the correct init
> packet.

Yep, I know. I did reset my phone this way yesterday a few times ;-)
I think I'll show the patch as it is for now and eventually extend
it later.

As the a bit offtopic question. To estabilish the connection
you need to get the Bluetooth MAC address. I did:
$ sdptool browse
to find it. Unfortunately it makes problem when there
are multiple devices available. Is there any way to see
the device name? My Nokia can show the names of
the devices...