Re: gnokii 0.5.0rc2

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.5.0rc2
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 23:51:38 +0200 (CEST)

On 7 Apr 2003, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Pawel,
>
> >  - there are problems with the header files: we use HAVE_BLUETOOTH in the
> > gnokii/data.h and it is defined just in config.h which is not installed
> > with other files; my current idea to solve this it to prepare 2 headers:
> > gnokii/data-nobluez.h and gnokii/data-bluez.h and make configure copy the
> > correct one to gnokii/data.h. Does it make sense?
>
> don't do it like this, because this is an ugly way. If you need some
> defines in data.h like HAVE_BLUETOOTH and these are tested by configure,
> you should use data.h.in and let configure create the resulting data.h
> from it. This is the most used way to handle such problems.

Aham. But I'm not sure what would be the "proper" solution.
Should I do:
#undef HAVE_BLUETOOTH
at the beginning and handle it like the config.h?
Or perhaps replace HAVE_BLUETOOTH with:
#ifdef @HAVE_BLUETOOTH_INC@
where HAVE_BLUETOOTH_INC would be replaced with 0 or 1.
Or mabye some other solution? Or maybe provide separate header:
gnokii/gnokii-config.h which would be more or less what config.h is.