6310i, 7110, ringtones, "warm up" time

From: Mark J. Titorenko
Subject: 6310i, 7110, ringtones, "warm up" time
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:36:00 +0100

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to a 6310i.  I've been trying to "clone" my
settings from the 7110.  I've successfully (if slowly) copied my
phonebook, using getphonebook (in raw mode) and writephonebook (with
the aid of a quick line of bash to split the raw output from
getphonebook into individual lines fed to sequential gnokii
--writephonebook processes).

I've now moved on to trying to copy some of the 7110 ringtones (using
getringtone) into rtttl format, which I hope to write to my 6310i
(using setringtone).

My problems/questions/issues are as follows:

- Connecting using my DLR3 cable is fairly slow (>5s to perform a
  single connection/transaction).  Is this normal?

- I appear to be unable to read ringtones from my 7110.  The gnokii
  process fails with:

address@hidden:/tmp# gnokii --getringtone blah.rttl 1 -r
/usr/bin/gnokii
GNOKII Version 0.4.3
Getting ringtone 1 failed: Command called isn't implemented in model.

  Is this telling me the truth? :-)

- I appear to be unable to write ringtones to my 6310i.  The gnokii
  process fails with:

address@hidden:/tmp# gnokii --setringtone spcquest.rttl --name "Space Quest"
/usr/bin/gnokii
GNOKII Version 0.4.3
Send failed: Command called isn't implemented in model.

  Is this telling the truth too? :-)

As you can see, I'm using gnokii 0.4.3.  I'm using a DLR3 cable.

Thanks in advance for any help/answers anybody can provide!

Cheers,

Mark.
--