Re: Version supporting 3110

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: Re: Version supporting 3110
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:48:00 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> I'm rather new to this, but can anyone tell me what software I need to
> compile the latest Gnokii version for win32 or DOS? Do I use a 'C' compiler?
> Can I obtain this software via a free download?
> The errors I get using version 0.3.2 with the config file set to:

I haven't done this myself, but you should probably install Cygwin
first. It is a set of libraries and tools, including a C compiler, that
provide Unix-like functionality on Windows. You can download it at
http://www.cygwin.com

Cygwin consists of dozens of packages. To compile you probably need at
least gcc, make and gettext. I'm not sure if they're installed by
default or not.

Then download the latest 0.5.0 release candidate (or the release, if
it's already out by the time you do this), extract the package and read
the file README-WIN32 in the Docs directory (skip the part about MSVC)
and INSTALL which has generic compilation/installation instructions.

> C:\WINDOWS>c:\nokia --monitor
> Entering monitor mode...
> Initialising GSM interface...
> TX_SendMessage - write:: error 0
> 0x15 Write failed!TX_SendMessage - write:: error 0
> 0x4a Write failed!TX_SendMessage - write:: error 0
> 0x4a Write failed!TX_SendMessage - write:: error 0
> 0x4a Write failed!TX_SendMessage - write:: error 0
> 0x4a Write failed!TX_SendMessage - write:: error 0
> 0x4a Write failed!Hmmm... GSM_LinkOK never went true. Quitting.
>
> Any ideas on what the problem is anyone? Is the 3110 not properly supported?

Seems to be a very general problem, perhaps the serial port is
incorrectly specified?

Anyway, you have much better chances for success if you use 0.5.0.

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***