Re: SMSD Compilation error.

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: SMSD Compilation error.
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:12:48 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Pawel Kot wrote:

> > You want to depend smsd compilation on gnokii instalation?
> > Why? I cannot find any reason.
>
> Because it is independent from gnokii. It even does not compile

It isn't independent from gnokii. Where you find this? You must run
compilation process manualy, but smsd is component of gnokii source tree for
a long time.

> when issuing make from gnokii directory (like gnokii, gnokiid
> and xgnokii do).
>
> So we should either integrate this as other 3 apps or separate it
> even more. And I prefer the latter.

You are wrong. Smsd uses right way to build, because it is able
to build against current gnokii library without hustle user into instaling
gnokii (yes, there must by assumption, that gnokii hasn't broken
Makefile.global). This is the right way. If the package is unable to build
without instalation, the package is broken. If you ever created binary
package for distribution (rpm for example), you know about I saying.

                                        jan

--
The future's uncertain, and the end is always near
                        The Doors-Roadhouse Blues