sending AT from shell?

From: Tobie Keridge
Subject: sending AT from shell?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:57:34 +0000

Hi,

sorry if this a little off list, but I cant fine pointers anywhere. I have a nokia document for the AT command set., and I'm using a 6210 (i understand this has a modem built in) with a dlr3p cable (which I think is suitable for AT).

I'm attempting to just send commands to the tty device (keyspan usb to serial) from a shell:

echo 'ATI1=?<rCR>'  >  /dev/tty.USAetc

And expecting responses to stdout, but I'm a getting nothin! Am I overlooking something, or just plain wrong?

best wishes
Tobie