Re: statemachine flaws/weaknesses

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: Re: statemachine flaws/weaknesses
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:07:44 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Pawel Kot wrote:

> Anyway, these do not solve Osma problems yet. But that's
> a big step forward.

Actually half of my statemachine problems would be solved by having a
real sm_block_no_retry(). Not having one was the reason that I wrote
expect_message() (though the real issue was not as clear for me at that
time than it is now). So if the statemachine gets a function that never
retries, I only need to add a sm_block_many(). It can reside in nk3110
code if you don't want it cluttering gsm-statemachine.c.

Let's do this way: I'll soon submit a small-ish patch that fixes some
uncontroversial stuff in the 3110 SMS code. After the statemachine is
fixed and the TEXT encoding is in place, I'll submit more 3110 code that
is relevant for those issues. Thus you can disregard my two latest 3110
patches. They were just examples of how things could be done if the
infrastructure is not fixed.

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***